To request your medical records you need to follow these steps:
- You must complete the authorization request in the format provided by the Hospital; It can be downloaded (click here) or you can request it at the Statistics Service office located on the second floor.
- Once the information on this form is complete, you must deliver it the Statistics Service office located on the second floor, attaching a copy of your identity card.
- Our staff will verify if the Medical Record is ready and it will be provided to you, otherwise you will receive a receipt to be able to pick up the document in three working days.
- In case that you, as a patient, are not able to attend personally, you can authorize another person to pick up the document by filling the information of the authorized person in the corresponding section of this document, attaching a copy of your identity card and that of the person who is being authorized.
- When the person picks up the document, the authorized person must present the receipt provided by the staff of the Statistics office.
- If you want to request a copy of your medical record, you must leave a certain amount of money, the final cost will depend on the case.
- If patient is a child or adolescent under legal age, ONLY his mother or father SHALL request the medical record. In case that they are not able to come, they may authorize a third person whose name should be included in the form, attaching copies of the identification card of the father or mother and of the authorized person. If the parents are out of the country at the moment, the authorized person must present a notarized Power of Attorney.